Monday 2 July 2007

Mobile masts in Ashton town centre

Plans have been put to the Council to erect two mobile antennae ( overall height 11.2 m from ground level) and one wall mounted antenna ( overall height 9.6 m from ground level) together with three associated equipment cabinets on the top of of the Greensway shopping centre.

While appreciating the need for new antennae and as a mobile phone user myself I have nevertheless objected to the installation of these antenna in the town centre because they do not fit in with the street scene. I have asked for the issue to be considered by the planning committee at their next meeting with a view to a site visit in the near future.

On the subject of the antennae in the town myself and Ian McCartney are still campaigning with local residents to remove the hideous antennae from the roof of the building in Hilton Street.

If you have any comments about the proposed antennae in the town centre please contact me.

No comments: