Tuesday 18 December 2007

Ashton and Bryn township forum

At last night's meeting of the Ashton Bryn township forum I was elected chair of the forum. I have held this position before when the forum was first created until I lost my seat in the 2004 local elections. It was a bit of a surprise to be re-elected.

One of the main concerns about the forum has always been that local residents do not know what it does and who sits on it and why they are there. I would be grateful if my readers - yes they are now officially plural - could contact me to answer this question ' Do you know what the township forum does?'

I have also devised a poll at the side of this blog that you can take part in.

UPDATE

Apologies to the person who has voted - there seems to be a problem with the poll. Please could you vote again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased to see that you have been elected as Chair of the Township Forum. Perhaps now there will be some respect and a listening ear for genuine community groups, in place of the factional manoeuvering and hostility to anyone who isn't a supporter of a certain anti-Council political party. I hope that one of your achievements is to improve the communication of the work of the Township Forum to the public at large - I'm sure that 90% of local people have no idea that it exists.