NEW GP SURGERIES OPEN IN ASHTON AND GOLBORNE
More patients will be able to visit GPs during evenings and weekends at two GP surgeries in Ashton-in-Makerfield and Golborne, including a new surgery at Kidglove House in Golborne, opening on the 3rd November.
The new surgeries will offer a range of innovative services and extended opening hours that will increase patient choice. Benefits include:
• Improved patient access to GPs by increasing the numbers of GPs, nurses and other supporting clinical staff
• Extended opening hours to allow patients to choose from a wider range of appointment times, including weekends and evenings (8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 12noon Saturday)
• Opportunities for patients to become more actively involved in their GP surgeries through Patient Participation Groups, which are being established.
The new services in Ashton-in-Makerfield and Golborne will be provided by the local Dr Alistair Partnership from the following locations:
• Ashton Surgery, 233 Wigan Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, WN4 9SR
• Golborne Health Centre, Kidglove House, Kidglove Road, Golborne, WA3 3GS
To register, patients should attend either of the above surgeries, or telephone 01942-481580 (for Ashton-in-Makerfield) or 01942-481690 (for Golborne).
Other surgeries that are increasing their openeing times are:
Dr. Pal, Morden Avenue, Ashton in Makerfield Extra 1hour 45mins
Dr. Pitalia, Ashton Medical Centre, Wigan Road, Ashton in Makerfield Extra 4hours
Dr. Sharma, Wigan Road, Ashton in Makerfield Extra 3hours