Tuesday 21 April 2009

George's pond









Following comments about the state of George's pond by local residents I asked local residents if they would like to form a Friends of Georges pond group and was pleased to receive names of several volunteers. To launch this group we invited the local press to do an article which appeared last week in the Wigan Evening Post - see picture showing myself, Ian McCartney and local residents.


Last night the group met for the first time and an action plan for improving the area around the pond and the pond itself was drawn up. One of the events that the group decided on was to have a litter pick on Saturday 23rd May at 10.00 am.

I will give readers of this blog an update of improvements as they happen

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Nigel, I am not sure if this is the correct place for my question?

Can you please tell me if we are any further in our bid to get the new LIFT centre facility in Ashton. When I last spoke to someone I was told that Ashton had been given the go-ahead and then the site at Leigh would follow. I have now heard that the site at Leigh has already started, so where does that leave us?

Thank you.
Debbie

Cllr Nigel Ash said...

To Debbie

I have no news as yet as to where we are with the LIFT programme but as soon as I know something definite I will post it on the blog.

To my anonymous Chinese? friend I say NI HOW - which is as far as my mandarin goes - much to my shame and to the amusement of my Chinese daughter in law.

A translation would be appreciated