Monday 18 May 2009

Expenses

I have always meant to publish my expenses on this blog but have never got round to it. Given the recent furuore about MPs' expenses it seems to be a good time to publish in full what I received as wages/expenses last year from Wigan Council. So here are my expenses from April 2008 to March 2009.

My taxable pay was £11056.33 of which I paid 2211.20 income tax. My net pay was £8845.12

For the year 2007/8 I claimed 170 miles @ 39.50/mile = £67.15. This was included in the 2008/9 calculations because I made a late claim and was paid in July 2008.

The Council instal a telephone in my house which costs £87.60.

To carry out Council business I use my own computer at home at a cost of £171.00.

So far this year I have claimed £18.14 in travelling costs.

All these figures are a matter of public record and have been obtained from Wigan Council.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Nigal,not too bad on expences, but have you had the pleasure of eating from Ian's 18piece dinner service and drop of champer's from his new glass flutes yet ! ?????

Anonymous said...

Good value for money Nigel.

Anonymous said...

Do you take the free food and drinks at the Council?

Cllr Nigel Ash said...

All Councillors are entitled to a meal before or after a meeting they attend as part of their duty but not for full Council meetings. Last year I was on the Regeneration and Environmental panels. Sometimes I had a meal before or after these meetings and sometimes I did not, depending on what I was doing on that particular day.