Tuesday 6 February 2007

Brighter Borough Money and Christmas - what do you think?

Each Councillor is allocated a pot of money called Brighter Borough money which he or she can spend in their ward to improve the environment or help groups to develop a project. The total I have to spend in Ashton is £5500.

This Christmas I have spent nearly £3300 on the Christmas tree and lights - £1400 for the tree ( total cost of scheme £4063) and £1879 ( total cost of scheme £5637) for the lights around Ashton. This is roughly 60 per cent of my total budget spent for the Christmas period alone.

I would be interested in what you think about the amount of money allocated to Christmas in Ashton. Do you think that the current amount of spending is OK or do you think that more or less should be spent? Please let me know your opinion by taking part in the poll

No comments: