Thursday 15 January 2009

Another CAP defection

It is with some amusement that I learnt about the latest defection of a CAP councillor, this time to the Tories of all parties. Apparently he quit CAP because he was unhappy about the way things were going in the party and says that CAP are finished. I would love to have been a fly on the wall at their AGM tonight.

Because of this defection the official party of opposition in Wigan is now the Conservatives and politics in the town have now returned to traditional lines.

CAP is living up to Ian McCartney's description of them as a rag tag and bobtail outfit. I wonder who will be the next to defect. Given that the past defections have been to Independent and now to Tory can the Liberals soon expect to receive a CAP Councillor into their fold or dare I say it, the Labour Party?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CLLR ash a councillor has the right to choose which party he or she believes in the policy of each party are different or it would be Boring I have seen many council meetings from the public area of Wigan and I see a different picture to the one you are mocking I SEE sheep the sheep being you and your LABOUR colleagues looking at your leader call yourself a party I would like to suggest follow your leader are you respecting your residents are just bowing to the feet of your leader. only time will tell see you next week 4th March to see you bow again.