Tuesday 6 April 2010

Viridoor Wood car park

Following the clean up at the Viridor Wood car park off Bolton Road I have been asked about installing a No Dog Fouling/Litter sign there.

I have been advised that the site in question is under the ownership and management by the Forestry Commission. Wigan Council have had some dialogue with the Forestry Commission about funding a sign or signs there and installing a litter bin which the Council would empty.

I will update readers of progress made on this issue.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Nigel

I really don't know how anyone will tackle this dog fouling bag problem, as why would people take to time to pick up the mess then just dump it near a post or even worse throw it up a tree??? People are either really thick or just don't care, it really confuses me, why should I expect anyone else to clear up after me? I am not sure if the council is its own worse enemy, as we have created a generation of people who think that others will pick up after them!! I can only say that the council have to come down hard and stop litter / dog fouling full stop! I am also worried that by taking away the 'green bags' that are usually free it will only encourage more dog mess being just left to rot, (I am not sure which is worse?)

Leigh, Lancashire Nationalist said...

"...People are either really thick or just don't care, it really confuses me...."