Wednesday 3 January 2007

START THE NEW YEAR WITH A CLEAN UP

First of all I would like to wish you a happy and prosperous 2007.

This year one of my main aims is to make Ashton a cleaner place both in the town centre and outlying areas. Different groups in Ashton are doing their best to make their areas clean and their efforts are to be commended. Wigan Council are very active in this respect and run a Beat It initiative every so often in Ashton where they will spend a week cleaning up an area or areas that the public want to see improved.

The next time the Beat it team is in Ashton is from the 15th to the 19th January. Do you want an area near you cleaned up or do you know of an area that is in need of tidying up? If so please contact me by e-mail or phone me on 736216 and I will let the Beat it team know.

No comments: