Tuesday 22 April 2008

Meet the new politician - same as the old politician

Clearly Councillor Gary Wilkes has learnt some of the dark arts of politics from the time he spent in the Community Action Party. One of these arts is the smear tactic. It works like this - you publish some alleged facts about a political opponent, don't check them but put them on the internet anyway regardless if these fact are true or not.

Councillor Franzen tried this on last October when he implied on a website that I had gone to America on a freebie for Wigan Council.This was total nonsense but did not stop him putting it on the web site.

Councillor Gary Wilkes is now trying the same tactic as his ex-political master. In a recent posting on his blog he has stated that It's simple really. C.A.P stand for Community Action Party.. All talk and no Action, negative Politics and lots of lies along the way.
'Independent stands for INDEPENDENT, getting things done working hard for the Community and not telling Lies.'


He then goes on to say that Labour also claim credit for just about anything that is done in Bryn and Ashton and they also tell Lies on leaflets just ask their Agent. He has been Cautioned by the Police....for telling lies...on election material.
You may be reading it very soon....watch your letter box.


As I am that agent I (and/or others ) will be asking Councillor Wilkes to provide the following answers to these questions

1. When was I cautioned by the police - the times and dates
2. What was I cautioned for ?
3. Which police officer cautioned me?

I know the answers to these questions - I have never been cautioned by the police in regards to elections or anything else for that matter but I am sure that Councillor Wilkes will be able to provide the relevant answers at the appropriate time and to the appropriate persons.

As for the statement Iindependent stands for INDEPENDENT, getting things done working hard for the Community and not telling Lies this piece of sanctimonious holier than thou twaddle will be featuring strongly on our future leaflets once the truth of this matter has been established.

I will be not be writing any more on this subject nor will be I taking any comments on it until the truth of the matter has been sorted out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I realise that for legal reasons you may not want to enter into discussion on this matter, but I wanted to point out that I saw his response to you on his guestbook, and commented that any responsible person would check the facts BEFORE publishing potentially libellous allegations. His response? To ban me from accessing his guestbook!

Cllr Nigel Ash said...

Thanks for this - I would like to comment but my solicitor has advised me against making any further comments on this matter.