Tuesday 15 April 2008

Where have all the posters gone?

Residents of Ashton will have noticed large political posters for different parties around Ashton. But it seems to be the only place in the area that has so many political posters displayed. I have not seen any in Wigan and last weekend I went to see Liverpool beat Blackburn 3-1 and did not see one single poster for any political party in that part of the city.

Please contact me if you have seen posters (in large numbers or very noticeable) anywhere in England and tell me where - or can we assume that political posters have had their day and belong to another era of communication?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

debbie said...

I tend to think that by people displaying posters, (for any political party),it indicates to me a healthy interest in the future governance of their area. In these days of very low voter turn out, anything that stirs the emotion is good. We need more people to start working together. Without this voter energy all you have are figure heads, and eventually I think that local elections will become a thing of the past.