Monday 6 October 2008

Ashton Seagulls - doing Ashton proud

As part of Ashton festival last week I went to see a display of dance and gymnastics by the boys and girls at Ashton Seagulls. Once again I was mightily impressed by the standard achieved in the show. I would advise anyone who has not seen one of their displays to do so - they are really breathtaking at times. It is also worth noting that it is the young people themselves who arrange all the dance and movement.

I would like to highlight the work this group is doing for young people in the Ashton area. The club is run by volunteers and around 500 young people attend it during the week. It has known nationally and as a consequence young people from all over the North West come to Ashton to train there. On the night of the display I was talking to parents who had come from Preston and the Wirral. The club also competes and wins awards and medals both in the UK and abroad.


So well done to the adults who give up so much of their time for the club and to all the young people who put on such a fantastic display that night.

If anyone reading this from the Seagulls has photos I can publish on this blog I will be happy to do so.

No comments: