Monday 8 June 2009

Last night's election results

I foolishly wrote on this blog that things can only get better politically - and then the results from last night came through. The most disappointing result of the night was the fact that the BNP had won a seat in the North West and that their leader would be an MEP for the area. It is terrible news for our country.

I will state very clearly that while the BNP will take a seat in Brussels they will not represent me - they are not going there in my name.

The Hope not Hate campaign has just launched a petition saying just that: BNP - not in my name. They will deliver this petition to the European Parliament on the first day that their MEP takes their seat.

If you would like to sign this petition then log on to http://action.hopenothate.org.uk/notinmyname

No comments: