Monday 1 June 2009

Pedestrian Crossing - Bolton Road


A local Councillor achieves small things compared to an MP - see previous article.

When I decide to finish as a Councillor or I am not elected, one of my proud boasts will be that I managed to get not only a new bulb for the light in the pedestrian crossing on Bolton Road but also improved the lighting there so that motorists can actually see it in the dark as they approach.

The picture is proof of my efforts - after four years of cajoling the Council.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don`t you do us all a favour Nigel,And resign now while your on a winning streak!!

Cllr Nigel Ash said...

Why? There's plenty more yet to come.

Anonymous said...

Only joking Nigel...I hope there is plenty more to come from you cos there aint nowt coming from the other two,is there? Mind you, based on today`s results your lucky you have another year so make the most of it....

Cllr Nigel Ash said...

Would tend to agree with the last comment.

But as the great song goes 'Things can only get better' - they couldn't get much worse.