Tuesday 18 May 2010

Congratualtions to Michael

I was very pleased to learn that locally based Councillor Michael Winstanley is to become mayor of Wigan tomorrow.

Despite the fact that Michael is a Conservative I have always had a good rapport with him. I can now reveal that over the years I have tried to convert him to the Labour cause but despite the many leaflets I have put through his door and a recent attempt at canvassing him he has stubbornly remained in the Conservative Party.

I am sure that Michael will be an excellent advocate for Wigan in his role as mayor and I wish him all the best for the coming year

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
crossbencher said...

Could you please leave the identity of the person whose post you have deleted.

There are many points I do not agree with you on, but I find no point in being offensive.

I would be very much surprised if there was not a bias on this blog from you, pushing your views, that's politics.

However you so far allow reasoned critical remarks and that is to be applauded. Who knows perhaps one day you may realise you are wrong in your opinions.

As a "Compassonite Tory" there are issues I disagree with Conservative policy that is why I support the Independents on a local level.

Regards
Alan
ps I still await your replies to a couple of postings.